Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Marketing is an art; I'm an artist

Anyone can do marketing. That is what my two years work experience has taught me. I’ve seen lot of successful marketers especially sales persons without any professional learning in the respective area.

Doesn't marketing needs proper education like other management functions? Well... If you ask me... the answer is a big "NO". But you need a great passion in it. Of course the two years of learning definitely helped me in my work. Thanks to my lecturers, professors and the great Kotler. But I would have shined in my work without my MBA degree and only with my passion.

But to survive and to maintain the top spot, updating continuously is necessary without any doubts.

So.... undoubtedly... Marketing is an art... I'm an artist...

Enough practice is always needed to master the art.

But I would suggest... Proper education + Great Passion in the art makes a good artist.

No comments: